These are some of the simplest truffles you’ll ever make, and you’ll never guess what healthy main ingredient binds them together..
OK, you might guess.
Now if you’re not familiar with the magical combination of dark chocolate + avocado, prepare to enter a new dessert wonderland…
“A world of pure imagination…”
As a kid, was anyone else afraid of the chocolate riverboat scene in Willy Wonka? I digress.
The hardest part of this recipe may be waiting for your avocado to ripen. I swear, those things have about a 20 minute usage window before they go bad.
Without further ado, this is the perfect way to use them!
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs, melted
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Toppings of choice (I used unsweetened shredded coconut, crushed peanuts, and cocoa powder)
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments, mixing each time to insure they do not burn. A smooth and pourable paste should form.
- With a fork, mash together avocado and chocolate. Add salt and vanilla, stirring thoroughly to avoid clumps.
- Chill in fridge for 20 minutes, until slightly firm.
- Using 1 TBS measurements, scoop out truffles and roll into small balls.
- Roll in toppings of choice and chill until ready to serve! Recipe can easily be doubled.