Have you ever wondered who invented “#toastTuesday” on Instagram? I’ll consider this post my formal petition for “#toastThursday”…
Let’s face it–I could eat toast every day!
The key to making this a “meal” rather than a “snack” is to ensure a complementary balance of complex carbs, protein, and fat. I typically stay in the nut butter lane, but these lovely figs from my Hungry Harvest box inspired a new idea! Soy or Greek yogurt up the protein level here.
Figs season is so fleeting, I knew I needed to take advantage of it now.
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 4 TBS yogurt of choice (almond, soy, and regular all work!)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Honey, maple syrup, or agave to taste
- 3-4 fresh figs, sliced thinly
- Fresh mint spring (optional)
- Sprinkle of Chia seeds (optional)
- Toast bread. Don’t have a toaster? No worries, me neither! I set my broiler to “high” and let the bread brown on each side for about a minute or so inside the oven.
- Mix yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg,and ginger in a small bowl. Spread onto toasted bread.
- Top toasts with figs and drizzle with honey/maple syrup/agave. Add mint leaves or Chia seeds if desired (for more staying power).