Looking for an elegant dish that literally involves five minutes of prep time? These walnut granola baked pears are the ideal pear-ing! Lovely and made with just 6 ingredients.Â
- 2 ripe pears (Bosc or Asian)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts*
- 1/4 cup rolled oats*
- 2 TBS uncooked quinoa (optional)*
- 1 TBS oil or applesauce*
- 1–3 TBS Maple syrup, agave, or honey if not vegan (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice each pear in half and place upright onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Using a teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out pear seeds + some inside flesh so there is a nice cavity for the filling.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, walnuts, oats, quinoa if using, oil/applesauce, and maple syrup. If you’d like to use store bought granola, that’s fine too!
- Scoop oat mixture into each pear, stuffing down as much as possible. You may have some leftover; feel free to add this to the side of the baking sheet to crisp up.
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon + maple syrup if desired and bake for 20 minutes. Best enjoyed warm.
*Feel free to substitute store-bought granola is that’s what you have on hand.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American