Summer veggies take on a new life in this fresh skillet lasagna! Cashew ricotta keeps this dinner totally plant-based, and ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini squash, cubed
- 3/4 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 large heirloom tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 – 2 cups pasta sauce of choice, and optional 1/2 cup water
- 4 – 6 dry lasagna sheets, broken into smaller pieces
- For topping: Fresh basil, cashew parmesan, vegan ricotta
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet and sauté onion for a couple of minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add pepper, zucchini, corn, garlic, tomato, and red pepper and cook for five minutes more, stirring frequently while vegetables soften.
- Add in sauce and noodles, taking care to cover pasta completely. You may need to add more than one cup of sauce, depending on how much space your veggies take up in the pan. Feel free to add some water to coat completely.
- Bring pan to a low boil, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with fresh basil, dollops of vegan ricotta, crusty bread, and cheese of choice.
- Category: Main Meal