This Chocolate Covered Popcorn post has been sponsored by Morton’s Salt. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Chocolate Covered Popcorn that’s ready in just 10 minutes! A perfect whole-grain snack or treat, with just 3 ingredients. Vegan + gluten-free, it’s perfect for holiday parties, birthdays, and more.
I’ve been snacking on popcorn for as long as I can remember. Endlessly adaptable, it is easily customized to whatever seasonings you’re in the mood for. I’ve used straight butter and salt (#classic), olive oil + nutritional yeast, and even curry powder.
But today, we’re taking things into sweet territory—something that works perfectly well this time of year! With holiday festivities approaching, there’s nothing better than having a quick snack recipe on hand for visiting guests or friends. Enter: chocolate-covered popcorn with Morton Fine Himalayan Pink Salt. YUM.
I am fortunate to live very close to an Albertsons grocery store (like, it’s three blocks away from my apartment). When it comes to developing recipes, I (unsurprisingly) need to make quite a few trips. Popping into Albertsons is SO convenient, and they always have what I’m looking for. With this recipe in particular, both the salt and chocolate chips were available in the baking aisle.
I love a good bargain, and the Albertsons mobile app also makes it very easy to check current sales. Bonus!
What ingredients are required for chocolate covered popcorn?
Therein lies a big benefit of this recipe: just three elements are required!
- Popcorn kernels (or pre-popped)
- Chocolate chips
- Morton Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
Fine salt is a key choice for popcorn, since its small crystals coat all popcorn kernels evenly. Morton Salt is a classic brand I’ve been using for my entire life, so I knew I could trust the quality. Plus, I have to admit, I love the bright pastel pink color!
When it comes to popping the corn, I offer a few suggestions in the recipe notes. I own an air-popper, but if you do not you can either pop the kernels directly on the stove top in a large pot OR just purchase pre-popped popcorn in a bag. I do not recommend microwave popcorn as it typically has other seasonings that will compete with the chocolate and salt we’re using.
How to make this recipe:
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments until smooth and liquid.
- Pour your melted chocolate over popcorn.
- Sprinkle with Morton Fine Himalayan Pink Salt, stirring to coat.
- Spread out on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes to crisp up. That’s it!
There are so many ways to customize this recipe to make it even better. If you like a kick of heat, try adding a little bit of chili powder when melting your chocolate! I’ve also found that adding nuts (like pistachios or almonds) to the final product is a great way to provide textural variety and major crunch.
I hope you love this chocolate-covered popcorn recipe. Please let me know in the comments if you give it a try!
Chocolate Covered Popcorn with Himalayan Pink Salt
- 5 cups popped popcorn (if popping your own on the stove, see notes)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tsp Morton Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- If you popcorn is not already popped, see notes. Take all 5 cups of popped popcorn and add to a large bowl. Preheat your oven to 320 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your chocolate chips to a small bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time to melt completely. Mine took about a minute.
- Pour your melted chocolate over popcorn in bowl, stirring to coat. Spread covered popcorn in a single layer over your baking sheet. Try not to overlap kernels if possible, as we want them to crisp up nicely. Sprinkle all popcorn with Morton Fine Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crispy. Let cool completely before enjoying!
Pin this recipe for later: