Inspired by Trader Joe’s, these delicious rosemary spiced nuts are a perfect party mix! Ready in just 15 minutes, vegan, and gluten-free for a healthy party appetizer.
We’re back with more SNACKS!
It’s no secret that I love snacking. I recently did a post with ten favorite appetizers for entertaining, after all. Hardly exhaustive! To keep the party going, we’re taking the festive route with some rosemary mixed nuts.
Endlessly flexible and totally customizable, this is more than your average nut mix. Cozy rosemary keeps things in the holiday spirit, while a pinch of cayenne adds heat and brown sugar/maple syrup lend sweetness.
How to roast nuts in the oven
The trick of this entire recipe is keeping an eye on things. Start to finish takes only 15 minutes, but paying attention while the nuts are roasting is a crucial part of the process. 30 seconds too long and you’ll end up with a tray of char.
I prefer to use parchment paper on a baking sheet, with my oven set to 350 degrees. I try to spread the almonds out at much as possible so that an even roast is achieved. Stirring isn’t really necessary, as we’ll only have the tray in the oven for about 7 minutes.
After roasting, you’ll quickly toss the nuts in a butter and spice mixture, stirring to coat completely. And that’s it! They’re delicious warm or cool.
Gifting Rosemary Spiced Nuts
Ever tried a DIY holiday party? Instead of spending a lot of money on gifts, each person brings something handmade. For me this is often food (surprise). In years past I’ve done baked goods, granola, cookie mixes, and chocolate bark.
This year I’ll be adding some of these nuts to a Mason jar tied with a festive ribbon and a spring of rosemary. They’ll last in a container for 3-5 days, that has yet to become an issue in my house.
The inspiration from this recipe came from Cookie + Kate and the Trader Joe’s Nuts About Rosemary Mix.
I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know in the comments or on Instagram if you end up trying. 🙂
Rosemary Spiced Nuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (or other large nut)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (or other large nut)
- 1 cup raw almonds (or other large nut)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or other seed)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (or other seed)
- 2 TBS vegan butter (sub olive oil for a different taste)
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS minced rosemary
- 1/4 tsp cayenne, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add all nuts + seeds. Feel free to get creative with the combinations and use your favorite varieties. Roast tray for 7 minutes, checking once halfway to insure nuts are not burning.
- While nuts are roasting, melt vegan butter in a small bowl. Add brown sugar, sea salt, minced rosemary, and cayenne if using. Use a spatula to mix until a paste forms. Set aside.
- Remove nuts from oven and immediately add to a large bowl. Pour butter mixture on top and stir to coat. Spread back out on the parchment-lined sheet to cool. Enjoy warm or cold! Recipe should keep for 3-5 days in a sealed container.
Pin Rosemary Spiced Nuts: