This post has been sponsored by FarmToFork™ Pasta Sauces. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats are a healthy, low-carb, vegan, and gluten-free dinner option! Filled with hearty cashew cheese and tangy marinara sauce, they’re a versatile and customizable dinner.
We’ve officially entered cozy season! After a fun Thanksgiving, it seems everyone is ready to snuggle up in comfortable clothes and stay warm by a fire. However, with so many busy holiday activities, this is often not possible!
Regardless of holiday travel and commitments, it’s always important that I make time for a date night with my fiancé. And when I’m looking for a healthy dinner, these spaghetti squash lasagna boats have become a new favorite. To save even more time, we’re making them with a delicious jar of FarmToFork™ Marinara Sauce—picked up at my local Albertsons.
While I sometimes make marinara sauce at home, I enjoy keeping a few jars on hand for quick and versatile dinners. I love that FarmToFork™ Pasta Sauces are made with sustainably grown ingredients, harvested from family farms right here in California. The farmers have generations of wisdom when it comes to caring for their tomato crops. Shop today to save $1.00 off any FarmToFork™ Pasta Sauce!
I’ve mentioned before that I live right near an Albertsons grocery store, so picking up a jar in the pasta aisle is basically a no-brainer. Unlike many jarred sauces, FarmToFork™ Pasta Sauces contain no artificial colors or added sugars. Win-win!
For added convenience, I use the Albertsons app when planning my shopping trip. It updates with all current coupon offers and displays where to find the best deals in the store.
How to Prepare Spaghetti Squash
Since we are making spaghetti squash lasagna boats, we need to slice the squash just once across the middle. After scooping out the seeds, we’ll roast in the oven for at least 30 minutes. If you’re using a small squash (recommended here), it shouldn’t require an entire hour.
Once cooled, we’ll scrape out the strands—leaving the shell intact. After that, the boats get a classic lasagna treatment! Layers of tangy FarmToFork™ Marinara Sauce, toothsome spaghetti squash, and creamy cashew cheese make this date-night classic feel extra special. You’d never guess it required so few ingredients.
How to customize this recipe
Looking for a way to customize this dish? Try adding a layer of sautéd vegetables. For added protein, I recommend a layer of white beans. These boats would pair very well with some fresh bread and a green salad. Better yet if you have a fun bottle of red wine. Cozy season is certainly here.
I hope you enjoy these spaghetti squash lasagna boats! Please be sure to leave a comment or let me know on Instagram if you give them a try.
Want more lasagna recipes? Try this summer skillet lasagna for a fun take!
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 jar FarmToFork™ Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Fresh herbs to garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, slice the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on each half of squash, then place face up on a baking sheet. Roast for 30-45 minutes, then test squash with a fork. If it appears strand-like and is easily pulled out. Your squash is done. If you are using a larger squash, it may take up to a hour.
- While squash is roasting, drain your cashews and add to a high speed blender with 1/3 cup water, garlic powder, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Blend until a cream sauce forms. Set asideWhen squash are finished roasting, turn off your oven and let the squash cool for a few minutes. Carefully scrape out the insides of the squash with a fork, maintaining the shell (as this will be the boat we stuff).
- When squash are finished roasting, turn off your oven and let the squash cool for a few minutes. Carefully scrape out the insides of the squash with a fork, maintaining the shell (as this will be the boat we stuff).
- In layers, begin adding FarmToFork Marinara sauce, spaghetti squash strands, and cashew cheese. Fill the boats to the top, insure that the last layer is your cheese. Broil for 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Garnish with optional fresh herbs and enjoy!
Pin these Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats: