Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing works well for meal prep! Zippy sun-dried tomatoes add fresh flavor, while chickpeas amp up the protein content. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 yellow, orange, or red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley or basil, minced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, roughly chopped
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard,
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare your quinoa if not already cooked (here is a great tutorial). Slice all salad ingredients as directed and add to a large bowl.
- In a Mason jar, add all dressing ingredients and shake to combine.
- Pour 1/2 of dressing onto salad, stirring to combine. Taste and add more dressing as desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days!
- Category: Main Course, Salad, Side Dish