How To Cook Sweet Potatoes in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker: my go-to easy method + some weeknight dinner recipe ideas! This simple technique insures perfectly cooked potatoes every time. No oven required!
- 3 sweet potatoes of relatively similar size (scrubbed clean)
- 1 cup water
- Toppings of choice to serve
- Place the metal trivet in the Instant Pot and add your 3 cleaned sweet potatoes and 1 cup water. Lock lid onto pot and place release handle into "sealing" position.
- If your potatoes are under 2 inches in width, place pot on "high pressure" for a 15 minute cook time.If your potatoes are 2-3 inches wide, cook for 23 minutes on high pressure. If your potatoes are larger than 3 inches wide, cook for 30 minutes on high pressure. The pot will preheat and then begin cooking. Be sure not to touch the top of the pot during this process.
- When cook time is over, let your pot naturally release for 10 minutes. Release valve carefully after 10 minutes and let rest of steam out, if there is some remaining. Carefully remove the potatoes with tongs and store in the fridge for 4 days