Three Ingredient Dog Treats, ready in 20 minutes! Wheat free and full of peanut butter, your dog or puppy will love these simple snacks.Â
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter (made from just peanuts)
- 1 small ripe banana
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Grind oats into a fine flour using a high speed blender. Add oat flour to a large bowl with peanut butter and banana. Mash with a fork to combine and the use your hand to knead into a cohesive mixture. If it’s not holding together, add more peanut butter or oat flour. Do not add dairy or other ingredients, as they may be unsafe for your pet.
- On a clean surface, roll dough to desired thickness, about 1/4 of an inch. Cut out in shapes of choice. Little bones would be cute! Place on prepared sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before giving to your pet. Feel free to try one yourself! I recommend storing in a jar in the freezer for long-term keeping (they will last a few months).
For the longest-lasting treats, store in a sealed, freezer-safe container where they can last for months. Many dogs can enjoy these treats directly from the freezer. If you dog is smaller or has more delicate teeth, you may want to store these in the fridge where they will keep for up to two weeks in a sealed container.
Always be sure to check with your veterinarian to determine what is safest for your dog.
For another pet-friendly recipe, try this Dog Birthday Cake!
- Category: Dog treat
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 of 50 treats
- Calories: 18 calories
- Sugar: 0.4 grams
- Sodium: 0.4 milligrams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Saturated Fat: 0 gram
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 gram
- Trans Fat: 0 gram
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 gram
- Fiber: 0.3 gram
- Protein: 0.6 gram
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: dog treat, homemade treats, dog food, puppy