Cool down with a Cucumber Melon Gin Fizz! It’s full of fruity flavor from cantaloupe and the refreshing quench of cool cucumber. Easily mixed with just 5 ingredients, you’ll want to sip them all summer long!
Jump to Recipe
Time for another quarantine cocktail! As we are still locked down and recently the state closed indoor operations for many businesses, it’s not looking like life will be “back to normal” for a very long time. One thing that has helped me is making a purposeful choice to include more fun items in my regular life. This includes homemade cocktails!
DIY cocktails do not need to be complicated or require a lot of ingredients. Since we are at the peak of summer right now, fresh fruit is all around us and just waiting to be added to a refreshing spiked beverage. Drinks made at home are endlessly customizable and easily suited to what you’re in the mood for or what you have on hand.
What is a Gin Fizz?
Traditionally, the “fizz” in any kind of cocktail like this comes from club soda and citrus juice. A classic gin fizz also usually contains a shaken egg white. For the sake of simplicity and personal preference, I am scaling things back a bit for this recipe. The fizz in this drink comes from a dash of sparkling water. Melon pulp adds some texture to the drink and infuses it with even more flavor and color.
How to Make a Cucumber Melon Gin Fizz
First, you’ll combine cantaloupe, a pinch of salt, water, and sweetener in a blender and combine until smooth.
Then, you’ll add this mixture to a cocktail shaker with some liquor, cucumber slices, a sprig of basil, and ice. Shake for 30 seconds, pour over ice, top with fizzy water and you’re done!
As with all summer cocktails I publish, this recipe is ready in just 10 minutes. A lot of people I know are not fond of gin, so I promise this is just as delicious with vodka. This would also be great with watermelon or honeydew instead of cantaloupe!
I hope you enjoy this cucumber melon gin fizz recipe! Be sure to leave a comment and review if you give it a try, or let me know on Instagram. If you’re looking for other summer cocktails to try next, try one of these:
Cucumber Melon Gin Fizz
- cocktail shaker or strainer
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe, very ripe plus extra for garnish, optional
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup agave syrup, brown rice syrup, or honey if not vegan This amount depends on how sweet your melon is naturally, be sure to add a small amount at first and add more to taste.
- 2 large sprigs basil optional
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly into discs
- Sparkling water to top
- 4 oz (1/2 cup)nice gin, like Hendricks Feel free to sub vodka if needed
- In an upright blender, combine cantaloupe, water, salt and liquid sweetener of choice. The amount that you add, as described above, will depend on how sweet the cantaloupe is. Blend to combine until you have a nicely blended orange liquid. Feel free to strain, but I actually like the pieces of cantaloupe in the drink!
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a few cubes of ice. Add 1 sprig basil, a some discs of cucumber, half of your melon mixture, and 2 oz of your favorite gin. Shake for at least 30 seconds to combine. Pour into one large ice-filled glass and top off with sparkling water. I recommend removing the strainer portion of the shaker as it can get clogged a bit with fruit. Garnish drink with cucumber slices and more pieces of melon, if desired.