Vegan S'mores Brownies are a decadent treat with a healthy substitute you'd never guess. A graham cracker crust topped with dark chocolate brownies coated with toasty marshmallows make this dessert irresistible, and just like a classic campfire treat!
- 5 graham crackers, plus extra for topping
For the brownie base (feel free to skip and used boxed brownies if you'd like!)
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado (Melted butter should also work)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (vegan if needed)
- 1 chocolate bar (vegan if needed)
- Prepare a 9×9 baking dish by lining with parchment paper. Break graham crackers into large squares and coat the bottom of the tray to create a crust. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a blender, combine avocado, almond milk, maple syrup, sugar, and vanilla. Once creamy, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and raspberries. Slowly add avocado mixture until completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan on top of graham cracker base. Bake for 40 minutes, until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean. Baking time can really vary based on your oven strength, so just be sure to check periodically!
- Once brownies are removed from the oven, top with 1 cup of mini marshmallows. Break your chocolate bar into pieces and sprinkle that over top, followed by broken pieces of graham cracker (as pictured here). Add remaining 1/2 cup marshmallows on top to finish.
- Set your oven to broil and carefully place a rack about 8 inches away from the top (in the middle/high area of the oven). Close the door and turn the oven light on. Watching the entire time, broil the brownies for about 2 minutes, rotating if needed so that they become evenly browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Slice into nine pieces and serve.
- Category: Dessert