This Pesto Tomato Toast Tartine is a such a fresh summer recipe! With creamy hummus, bright herbs, juicy heirloom tomatoes and tangy feta, it's satisfying and delicious for any time of day. A great way to use farmer's market produce!
- Olive oil
- 1 large slice country style crusty bread
- 2 TBS hummus
- 1 TBS pesto (optional )
- 2 TBS feta cheese, vegan if needed ((Violife has a vegan feta at Whole Foods))
- 1 small heirloom tomato, sliced into rounds
- 3 thin cucumber slices, cut into quarters
- Sea salt, flaky if you have it
- Handful of fresh soft herbs for topping, I used basil, parsley, and mint
- Heat your cast iron skillet or grill pan to medium and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Toast bread until golden and slightly charred on both sides. Alternatively, toast bread in the toaster.
- Spread hummus and then pesto on top of toasted bread. Sprinkle with feta cheese and layer tomato and cucumber on top. Sprinkle with flaky salt. Add herbs of choice and a small drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy immediately.
- Category: dinner, lunch, Snack