This Grilled Street Corn is a fully loaded, delicious summer side! Fresh corn is lightly charred and topped with tangy cheese, chili, cayenne, fresh cilantro, and bright lime juice. A perfect farmer's market meal! Vegan option included.
- 4 ears of fresh corn, shucked and cleaned
- 4 TBS butter, vegan if needed (sub mayo per preference )
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cotija or feat cheese, vegan if needed (Violife sells a vegan feta at Whole Foods)
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Preheat your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high. Once hot , place the cleaned and shucked ears of corn down and cook, rotating on each side until slightly charred. If you're using a full grill it could take as little as 7 minutes. A pan will make this process slower, so be sure to budget about 20 minutes total. You don't want to corn to be burned, but you'll want a nice char (as pictured above). You may need to do this in two stages if you're cooking all four cobs. Remove and set aside.
- Next, butter all sides of the corn. You can alternatively use mayonnaise (personal preference). Lay all four cobs on a tray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne, and garlic powder, rotating to cover. Finish dish by sprinkling with cotija (or feta) cheese and fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Category: dinner, Main Course
- Cuisine: Mexican