Crispy Brussels Sprout Chips, a fun salad option ready in just 15 minutes! Individual leaves of Brussels speckled with flaky sea salt and juicy pomegranate, making for a perfectly unique roasted Brussels sprouts side. This simple Thanksgiving recipe is delicious all year long!
- 1 lb. of Brussels sprouts, larger if possible
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS flaky salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Using a paring knife, carefully cut off the bottom of the Brussels sprouts*. Then using a pairing knife, starting from the outside, peel one leaf off of the Brussels sprout head at a time. Try to keep the leaves whole if possible. As you get close to the core this will get more tricky, so if you’re not able to peel individual leaves just slice the Brussels sprout in half. While you’re doing this, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once all Brussels sprouts are peeled, wash the leaves (in a salad spinner, if you have it) and dry completely. Add to a large bowl and toss with olive oil
- Spread leaves over two baking sheets. Take care to space leaves out so that they are not touching (if possible). Roast for 10 minutes.
- Check Brussels and stir to ensure they’re evenly roasting. Depending on your oven, the Brussels on the baking sheet on the bottom rack will likely cook faster. Rotate the position of the racks and roast for 5 more minutes. Since these are so thin they’ll cook quickly!
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Stir and let chips cool on the sheet. Once cool, sprinkle with pomegranate arils, if desired.
- Brussels sprout chips are best enjoyed the day they’re made, as they will wilt over time. Store in the fridge for a few days.
- *Warning: this part will take the longest! I recommend turning on a tv show.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Side
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 100 calories
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 890 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: brussels, sprouts, chips, pomegranate, thanksgiving, salad, sides, roasted vegetables