Inspired by vegan sweet potato casserole, these Maple Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a beautiful addition to any holiday table. Notes of maple syrup and pecans make this recipe extra-festive, while pomegranate seeds add a fun pop of color! Totally gluten-free so everyone can enjoy.
- 5 small sweet potatoes/yams (or 3–4 large)
- 3 TBS maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a sharp knife or mandolin, slice potatoes into 1/8 – 1/4 inch width. Add to a large bowl and toss with maple syrup, cinnamon, and olive oil. Use your hands to insure each potato is evenly covered.
- Lightly oil a pie dish. Starting on the outer rim, begin lining sweet potatoes one on top of another. Work your way toward the center of the dish. If you have extra potatoes at the end, stick them in places of the tart that may look empty.
- Roast tart in the oven for about 30 minutes and check for doneness. If sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, they are done. Thinning edges can burn easily, so be careful not to overcook. They will take anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on how thick your slices are and how accurate your oven temperature is.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and pecans.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One fifth of recipe
- Calories: 171 calories
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 35.6 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sweet potato, pomegranate, cinnamon, roasted