Everything you need to know about making a Show-Stopping Cheese Board, any time of year! This post details the 5 elements you need to create the perfect charcuterie board, along with diverse options for specific ingredients. Vegan and gluten-free options included!
- Crackers like: Wasa crisps, baguette toasts, chia crackers, wheat crackers, water crackers, or pita chips
- Cheese like: goat, Parmesan, Cheddar, Brie, and Stilton (vegan options available at most stores)
- Dips like: hummus, pesto, chili crisp, red pepper, and white bean
- Fresh fruit like: grapes, pomegranate, sliced apples, sliced pears, and dates
- Jams like: apricot, fig, or berry
- Dried fruit like: raisins, cranberries, apricots, and figs
- Nuts and seeds like: pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, and cashews
- Salty items like: capers, green olives, and black olives
- Greens like: parsley, basil, microgreens, and chives
- Select 1-3 items from each of the categories listed above. Prepare ingredients by toasting breads and slicing fruits and cheeses as necessary.
- Arrange all ingredients on a large board in the following order: crackers, cheeses, dips, fresh fruits, jams, dried fruits, nuts and seeds, salty items, and greens.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Nutritional information varies based on ingredients used. Have fun with it and choose what you like!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Plating
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One sixth of board
- Calories: 200 calories
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Sodium: 10 milligrams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: cheese board, charcuterie, snack, fruit, nuts, party, dips, appetizer