This recipe for Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix will be on repeat all winter long! Made with just three ingredients, it comes together in minutes and is easily pre-made or gifted. This hot cocoa is a totally vegan and gluten-free treat that everyone will love.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch process if possible)
- .5 cups powdered sugar
- .25 tsp sea salt
- .33 cups finely shredded coconut, optional
- .33 cups mini dark chocolate chips
- .5 cups mini marshmallows, vegan as needed
- Being by sifting/combining cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and sea salt together, breaking up lumps as much as possible.
- Add cocoa mixture to a medium sized sealable jar and pat down with a spoon. Pour optional coconut layer and pack. Repeat this process with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Seal the jar and store in the pantry.
- To serve hot chocolate, heat 1 cup milk of choice and whisk in 3 TBS cocoa mixture (taking care to mix the layers as needed).
Recipe yields 2-3 cups mixture
Nutrition information does not include milk used
- Category: Drink
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 TBS cocoa mix
- Calories: 53 calories
- Sugar: 6.6 grams
- Sodium: 2.5 milligrams
- Fat: 2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: .8 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10.6 grams
- Fiber: 2.2 grams
- Protein: 1.3 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: cocoa, hot chocolate, drinks