This creamy 3-Ingredient Vegan Queso Dip will be your new favorite party food! Ready in just 5 minutes with just three ingredients, it’s the perfect topping for nachos & wonderful for dipping chips. Everyone will be asking for the recipe because it’s the BEST ever!
- 1 cup cashews, unroasted (buying cashew pieces is cheaper than whole)
- 1/4 cup chunky mild salsa (red or green, not very watery)
- 1 TBS taco seasoning*
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (optional, for color)
- Sliced jalapeños and cilantro (optional, for serving)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and combine with 1/3 cup of water. Let blend on medium until full incorporated. To make even more creamy, add 1/4 cup more water and blend until completely soft.
- Taste and add more seasonings as you like. If it tastes like something is missing, try adding salt first. Then feel free to top with jalapeños and cilantro to serve.
If you don’t have taco seasoning, sub 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, and a pinch of salt.
If you do not have a high speed blender, soak the cashews in hot water for 10 minutes beforehand to soften. Drain and then blend with remaining ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: One sixth of recipe
- Calories: 125.6 calories
- Sugar: 1.8 grams
- Sodium: 163.1 milligrams
- Fat: 9.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.9 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 4.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: queso, dip, mexican, tailgate, cheese