These Soft Batch Vegan Lemon Crinkle Cookies are meltingly soft and full of fresh citrus flavor! They’re ready in under 30 minutes as a bright & customizable dessert option that’s also freezer-friendly.
How to Make Vegan Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- First, make a “flax egg” with ground flax seed and water.
- Then combine flour, baking powder, and salt in one bowl. In another bowl, add softened butter, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cream the ingredients and mix dry with wet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Form the cookies with a TBS and coat in more granulated sugar and then in powdered sugar. Press cookies down onto two prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray.
How do I make powdered sugar stick to crinkle cookies?
The trick for the best crinkle cookies is to roll them first in granulated sugar and then in powdered sugar before baking. This additional layer helps the powdered sugar really stick and not melt right into the cookie.
How do I make the best soft batch cookies?
The trick for making perfect “soft batch” cookies is simple – under bake them. These lemon crinkle cookies are baked for just about 8 minutes in a 350 degree oven. They will look underdone when removed from the oven, but will firm up while cooling. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes after taking out of the oven. This ensures they will stay chewy and not at all crunchy.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes! Before baking, prepared cookie dough balls (without sugar rolled on the outside) can be frozen in a single layer on a cookie sheet and then stored in a freezer-safe container for a few months. Before baking, roll the cookies in the granulated and powdered sugars. You will likely need to add a few minutes to the baking time if they are very cold going into the oven.
Looking for more easy cookie recipes? Try one of these next:
- Soft Batch Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies’
- Thin and Crispy Chocolate Cookies (Tate’s-Style)
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
- The Best Healthy Thin Mints