The classic recipe gets an update with nutty sesame seed butter! Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed with dark chocolate chunks and topped with flaky sea salt. They’ll be your new favorite vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 1 TBS ground flax + 3 TBS water (flax egg), or one regular egg
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, soft
- 1/2 cup tahini, runny
- 1 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 TBS cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for topping
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- 1 large chocolate bar, cut into chunks (or 1/2 –1 cup chocolate chips, depending on preference)
- In a small cup, mix ground flax and water and set aside to gel. In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil, tahini, and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add flax egg, almond milk, and vanilla and stir once more until incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour of choice, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add wet to dry, taking care not to over-mix. Fold in chocolate chunks. Your dough should appear thick but should stick together when pressed.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes and up to one day. During this time you can preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form 15 medium-sized cookies. Place dough balls on two oiled baking sheets, leaving space in between each cookie for spreading.
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes, remove from oven, sprinkle with a little salt, and let cool on tray for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with more salt. The cookies will cook a little more as they rest.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 358 calories
- Sugar: 28 grams
- Sodium: 180 milligrams
- Fat: 19 grams
- Saturated Fat: 10.9 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 43.8 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: tahini, cookie, chocolate, dark chocolate,