This healthy Strawberry Limeade will be your favorite summer refresher! A perfect pair to classic cookout foods, it’s sweet, tangy, and easily customized. Topped with mint for a cooling summer beverage!
- 6 large limes, as fresh as you can find
- 3 large lemons
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 6 large strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch of mint (about 1 cup), with a few sprigs reserved (no need to de-stem)
- 1 bottle soda water or seltzer
- 4 shots of vodka, optional
- Ice for serving
- Juice 5 of the limes. Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Juice all of the lemons.
- Combine lime juice, lime wedges, lemon juice, cut strawberries, and salt into a cocktail shaker (or a large sealable jar). Shake to combine. Crush the mint leaves in your hands to release some of the oils and add to the shaker. Shake again for at least 30 seconds.
- Add a few ice cubes to 4 small glasses. For added flavor, zest some of the remaining lime peels and rim the glasses with zest. Strain equal amounts of the strawberry limeade syrup into each glass. It should be 1/4 – 1/3 cup per glass. Add seltzer to top off and to taste (be sure to not water it down too much). If desired, add 1 shot of vodka to each glass and stir to combine.
Nutrition information calculated without optional alcohol.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 135 calories
- Sugar: 28 grams
- Sodium: 298 milligrams
- Fat: 0.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35.8 grams
- Fiber: 0.9 grams
- Protein: 1.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: strawberry, limeade, vodka, cocktail