These Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars taste just like the classic Quaker snack! Easy granola bars full of nut butter, quick oats, and dark chocolate chunks. Nostalgic, perfect for snacking, vegan, and gluten-free!
Have you ever eaten “Chewy” Granola Bars, made by Quaker Oats? Growing up, they were a frequent snack given during standardized testing. While I was never a huge fan, the soft texture certainly lended a very addictive quality. Not to mention, they came in a wide variety of flavors. After taking an Instagram poll, chocolate chip won out over oatmeal raisin. After a bit of recipe testing, I was very happy with how these turned out. The final product only requires 5 ingredients, with no baking necessary!
Ingredients Needed for No-Bake Granola Bars
- Maple syrup
- Runny nut or seed butter (like tahini, peanut, almond)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Quick cooking oats
- Crispy rice cereal (or more oats)
- Add-ins like chocolate chips or nuts
How to Make Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars
- Begin by heating maple syrup and nut butter on the stovetop. Heat until bubbling, stirring consistently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, mix quick oats, crispy rice if using, and salt. Stream in nut butter mixture and stir. Add in chocolate if using.
- Press oat mixture tightly into a lined pan. Freeze for 10 minutes, until solid.
- Remove and cut into 12 bars.
Are Quaker Chewy Granola Bars vegan and gluten-free?
The store-bought Quaker Chewy Bars are not vegan and gluten-free, as they are made with whole grain wheat and are processed in a facility that contains milk. However, this recipe can be both vegan and gluten-free if your oats are certified GF and your chocolate is dairy-free!
How to Customize this Recipe
Quaker Classic Chewy Bars come a variety of flavors, such as Dark Chocolate Chunk, Oatmeal Raisin, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, S’mores, Peanut Butter and Marshmallow, and Chocolate Brownie. Here is how I’d recommend recreating them.
- Dark Chocolate Chunk and Chocolate Chip: Make the recipe as listed!
- Oatmeal Raisin: Omit the chocolate and add 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/3 cup small raisins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip: Use peanut butter as the nut base
- S’mores: Use tahini as the nut base and add 1/4 cup chopped mini marshmallows
- Peanut Butter and Marshmallow: Use peanut butter as the base and add 1/4 cup chopped mini marshmallows
- Chocolate Brownie: Melt and additional 1/4 cup chocolate in with the butter
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Quaker-Inspired Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars. Please leave a rating and review if you give it a try!Print
Pin this recipe