These Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars taste just like the classic Quaker snack! Easy granola bars full of nut butter, quick oats, and dark chocolate chunks. Nostalgic and perfect for snacking!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup runny nut butter of choice (I used tahini)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional but recommended)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, gluten-free as needed
- 1 cup crispy rice (or more oats)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks, vegan as needed
- In a small pot on the stove, heat maple syrup and nut butter over medium. Stir consistently and cook until bubbling and melted together, a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix quick oats, crispy rice if using, and salt. Slowly stream in cooled nut butter mixture and stir to combine. Add in chocolate if using.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or reusable food wrap. Press oat mixture into the pan tightly, using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to compress firmly. Make sure you press it evenly into the corners to make as sharp of edges as possible. If desired, press more chocolate onto the top of the bars.
- Freeze bars for 10 minutes, until solid. Remove from freezer, lift edges of parchment, and remove block of bars. Carefully using a sharp knife, cut into 12 bars. Store in a sealed container in the fridge or on the countertop for 5 days.
See post details for instructions to make other Chewy Bar Flavors.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Serving Size: 1 bar of 12
- Calories: 166.5 calories
- Sugar: 9.6 grams
- Sodium: 212 milligrams
- Fat: 6.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23.9 grams
- Fiber: 2.7 grams
- Protein: 3.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 miligrams