These Brown Butter Rice Krispies are made with just three ingredients! This recipe is a perfect nostalgic dessert the whole family will enjoy, easily made vegan with no baking required.
- 4 TBS butter, dairy-free as needed (like Miyoko’s)
- 10 oz. marshmallows, vegan as needed (like one bag of Dandies Mini Marshmallows)
- 1 TBS vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Optional Add-Ins: Rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, pretzel pieces,
- Begin by browning your butter in a large pot on the stovetop over medium high heat. Stir as it begins to melt, and continue stirring so that it heats evenly. Watch as it darkens in color (I do not recommend leaving the stove as it can burn quickly), continuing to stir.
- After a few minutes of browning the butter, add your marshmallows, stirring to combine. Lower heat to medium. The marshmallows will begin to melt and will be fairly sticky, so be sure to mix to prevent scorching the pan. The entire process will take around 5 minutes.
- Once marshmallows are fully melted, remove pot from heat and crisp rice cereal. Stir to coat so that each piece of cereal is covered. The mixture will be very tacky. It may seem like there is not enough marshmallow to cover, but just continue to stir and it will combine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 bar of 12
- Calories: 166 calories
- Sugar: 18.4 grams
- Sodium: 147 milligrams
- Fat: 3.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.6 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 31.6 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 1 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: brown butter, crisp rice