This Vegan Strawberry Pretzel Cheesecake is perfect creamy, salty, and sweet! A dairy-free “cheesecake” filling made from coconut and cashews is swirled with bright strawberry jam and then poured into a crispy pretzel crust. Easily no-bake and gluten-free! NOTE: This recipe requires four hours of chilling time.
For pretzel crust:
- 2 cups medium ground pretzel crumbs (from a few cups of whatever kinds of pretzels you have on hand, I used minis)
- 8 TBS melted vegan butter
- Maple syrup as needed to further bind the crust (optional)
For the cheesecake base:
- 1 cup cashew pieces, soaked in water for 10 minutes to soften (raw or roasted, it does not make a huge difference)
- 1 cup coconut cream (the hard substance on the top of a can of chilled coconut milk)
- 3 TBS lemon juice, from about 1/2 of a large lemon
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- Extra strawberry jam to swirl on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (see note for no bake option).To make the crust, combine pretzel crumbs with melted butter until you have the consistency of wet sand. If it feels too dry, add a TBS of maple syrup. It should stick together when you press it between your fingers.
- Press the crust into a 9 inch springform pan or pie plate, using the bottom of a cup to really ensure it is packed tightly in the dish. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Drain cashews and add to a high speed blender with coconut cream, lemon juice, cornstarch, salt, strawberry jam, and maple syrup. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour cheesecake filling into prepared crust. Add a few teaspoons of jam on top, swirling as desired. Chill in the fridge for at least four hours, until firm.
For a no-bake crust, press crust into dish and freeze until solid, at least 30 minutes. Pour filling into frozen crust and chill as directed in recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chilling Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 368 calories
- Sugar: 5.6 grams
- Sodium: 161.3 milligrams
- Fat: 29.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 14.1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 15 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25.9 grams
- Fiber: 3.6 grams
- Protein: 5.4 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: strawberry, cheesecake, pretzel