Want zucchini bread but trying to avoid the oven? These No Bake Zucchini Bread Bites are the answer! Full of that classic flavor (and a great way to use extra amount of summer squash), they’re full of protein, date-sweetened, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup nut butter, such as almond or baklava butter
- 6–7 fresh Medjool dates, pitted (about 1/2 cup)*
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut for rolling, optional
- Begin by grating zucchini finely (the small setting of your grater). You can also chop it into very small pieces if you do not have a grater. Add zucchini to a thin towel, form it into a ball, and over a sink squeeze out all excess water.
- Set aside 1/3 cup of finely packed zucchini. If you have leftover, feel free to make a double batch or use it in place of carrots in these waffles.
- To a food processor add nut butter, dates, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Process to combine. Add in zucchini and pulse until a cohesive mixture forms. It will be fairly sticky. If you do not have a food processor, you may try finely chopping the dates and blending the oats/using oat flour as a substitute.
- If using, add coconut to a small bowl for rolling. Use a spoon to scoop out 1 TBS-sized balls of the zucchini bread bites, rolling between your hands to form. Wetting your hands a bit can make this process easier if everything is sticking! Roll in coconut, if desired, and place on a lined plate or sheet.
- Let bites chill in the fridge to firm up. Store refrigerated in a sealed container for about a week.
*If your dates are dry, soak them in some hot water for 5 minutes and then drain prior to using.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stirring
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One bite
- Calories: 112.2 calories
- Sugar: 8.7 grams
- Sodium: 51 milligrams
- Fat: 6.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.6 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 grams
- Fiber: 2.4 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: zucchini bread, energy ball, energy bite, zucchini