Celebrate late summer produce with this Peaches and Cream Tart! With a graham cracker crust and basic whipped cream filling, this is a beautiful and super-simple dessert recipe.
For graham cracker crust (feel free to substitute with store-bought):
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from 10-12 crackers)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBS sugar (optional)
- 4 TBS melted butter, or neutral oil
- 2 cups whipped cream (store bought or from this whipped coconut cream recipe)
- 1 plum
- 1 nectarine
- 1 yellow peach
- 1 white peach
- To prepare graham cracker crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine crumbs, salt, sugar, and butter in a large bowl. Mix to combine into a sandy texture. Alternatively make this entirely in the food processor, taking care to not over-mix (you want the texture to slightly stick together when pinched). If needed, add a bit more melted butter or oil to help things come together
- Lightly oil a standard pie plate and fill with your crumb mixture, pressing crust around the sides of the dish. Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown and set. Remove from oven to cool and set aside for later.
- To assemble tart, spoon whipped cream inside cooled crust. After washing all produce, cut thin slices from each piece of fruit (about 1 cm wide), creating crescent shapes.
- Start with the plum. On the left side of the tart arrange slices in an overlapping line, skin side facing up, working from left to right. Tracing the edge of the tart, keep the slices as close as possible, creating a “woven” layered effect. Once you are 1/4 of the way across the tart, start the same process with the nectarine. You are aiming for an ombre transition of colors, moving from dark to light. Repeat with the yellow peach and then the white peach. You may have some fruit left over to snack on!
- One all fruit is arranged on top of the cream, move the tart to the fridge to cool. It will set up as it chills. This tart tastes best if enjoyed within 2-3 days. To store, cover lightly and keep refrigerated.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One eighth of recipe
- Calories: 172.8 calories
- Sugar: 10.4 grams
- Sodium: 206.3 milligrams
- Fat: 8.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5.7 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.8 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24.1 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Protein: 2.3 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: peach, tart, cream, stone fruit