Cool down with a Cucumber Melon Gin Fizz! They're full of fruity flavor from cantaloupe and the refreshing quench of cool cucumber. Easily mixed with just 5 ingredients, you'll want to sip them all summer long!
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe, very ripe (plus extra for garnish, optional)
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup agave syrup, brown rice syrup, or honey if not vegan (This amount depends on how sweet your melon is naturally, be sure to add a small amount at first and add more to taste.)
- 2 large sprigs basil (optional)
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly into discs
- Sparkling water to top
- 4 oz (1/2 cup)nice gin, like Hendricks (Feel free to sub vodka if needed)
- In an upright blender, combine cantaloupe, water, salt and liquid sweetener of choice. The amount that you add, as described above, will depend on how sweet the cantaloupe is. Blend to combine until you have a nicely blended orange liquid. Feel free to strain, but I actually like the pieces of cantaloupe in the drink!
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a few cubes of ice. Add 1 sprig basil, a some discs of cucumber, half of your melon mixture, and 2 oz of your favorite gin. Shake for at least 30 seconds to combine. Pour into one large ice-filled glass and top off with sparkling water. I recommend removing the strainer portion of the shaker as it can get clogged a bit with fruit. Garnish drink with cucumber slices and more pieces of melon, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: cocktail