These fig toasts look fancy but are ready in just 10 minutes! Vegan ricotta and maple syrup are the perfect additions to crusty grilled toast and juicy, ripe figs. Spread with a cinnamon sugar butter, you won’t want to miss out on your new favorite breakfast!
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp brown sugar
- 4 slices crusty bread (I used sourdough)
- 1 cup cashews (Or 1 cup yogurt if not making ricotta)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (Omit if not making ricotta)
- 10 fresh figs, halved
- 4 TBS maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- Soften vegan butter slightly in microwave and add to a small bowl with sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine and spread on both sides of bread slices.
- Preheat your grill pan or skillet to high. Once hot, add bread 2 slices at a time, toasting one minute on each side until golden and slightly charred. Set aside.
- If using, make your cashew ricotta by combining cashews in a high speed blender with a pinch of salt and a few splashes of almond milk. Run blender until creamy “cheese” forms. Feel free to skip this step if you’d rather use yogurt.
- Top your toasts with vegan ricotta/yogurt, fresh figs, maple syrup, chopped nuts, and a dash more cinnamon. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Category: Breakfast