Whip up a Garden Party Cocktail for a refreshing, colorful beverage to that will please a crowd! It’s easily made nonalcoholic and has a ginger sugar rim. Single glass and punch options are included.
For cocktail pitcher base (see notes for single option):
- Juice from one orange (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 sprig of basil
- 6 dashes angostura bitters (optional for nonalcoholic version)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) Lillet Blanc (ginger beer for nonalcoholic version)
- Lemon slices, strawberries, and more basil to garnish
- 4 –6 cups chilled sparkling water (or chilled Prosecco for a stronger cocktail)
For ginger sugar:
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar, or Turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/4 cup candied ginger, chopped
- In a shaker, combine orange juice, basil, bitters (if using), fresh ginger, strawberries, and Lillet (or ginger beer). Use a muddler or spoon to press the ingredients down so the fruit juices release.
- Add some lemon slices, more pieces of strawberry, and a few sprigs of basil to a medium pitcher. Strain contents of shaker into the pitcher and top with cold sparkling water or chilled Prosecco just before serving.
- If desired, add sugar and ginger to a shallow bowl, stirring to combine. Rim the edges of four couple glasses with a lemon wedge and then swirl upside-down in the sugar, coating the rims in the ginger sugar mixture. Alternatively, coat just one side in the ginger sugar (like a margarita).
For a single cocktail variation, combine 2 TBS orange juice, 3 leaves basil, 1 dash bitters, 1 strawberry, 1 oz Lillet/ginger beer in a shaker. Middle to combine, strain into a glass, and top with ~1 cup sparkling water.
Be sure to add sparkling water/Prosecco just before serving, as the bubbles will fade after some time.
Nutrition information for Lillet Blac and sparkling water variation.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirring
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One fourth of recipe
- Calories: 59.3 calories
- Sugar: 6.4 grams
- Sodium: 0.2 milligrams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7.7 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 0.4 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: cocktail, mocktail