Made with store-bought, pre-made pizza dough, these easy Garlic Knots are a simple & vegan appetizer idea! Perfect for dipping in marinara sauce.
- 1 lb pre-made pizza dough ((I used Trader Joe’s Garlic Herb Dough))
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS nutritional yeast ((grated cheese if not vegan))
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBS minced mixed fresh herbs (basil and parsley are great)
- Pinch of salt
- Garlic powder
- Jarred marinara or pesto for serving, optional
- On a parchment-lined cookie sheet, divide dough into 6 pieces, cover, and let rest for 1 hour to rise.
- After rising, place each piece of dough on a floured surface and gently roll each into a rectangle. Be sure to use extra flour if dough begins to stick. Once you have 6 rectangles, cut each into 4 slices using a pizza cutter. Using your hands, take each end of a strip and tie into a knot (see photos for reference. Place back onto parchment-lined sheet. Sprinkle with some garlic powdera and nutritional yeast and drizzle with more olive oil. Let knots rest, covered, while you preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake knots for 15 minutes, until golden. While baking, melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add in minced garlic, herbs, and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 2 minutes until frothy and fragrant. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl
- When knots are done in the oven, immediately add to the large bowl with the butter mixture. Toss to coat. Serve knots warm (they’re not good cold!) with a dipping sauce like marinara.
- Prep Time: 75 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer