This Fluffy Vegan Olive Oil Cake Recipe is the definition of a pantry staple dessert, made with just 10 ingredients. No special equipment is required to bake!
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup nondairy yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, or white vinegar
- 1 cup organic raw sugar (or organic cane sugar if that’s what you have)
- 1 TBS vanilla extract, optional
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- More yogurt and berries, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a deep 8 or 9 inch cake pan with a circle of parchment paper. Spray or drizzle with some olive oil to help with an easy release post-baking.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, yogurt milk, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Carefully combine wet and dry ingredients, taking caution to not over mix but also insuring that all flour is hydrated. Your batter should be fairly thick.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 45 minutes. Poke with a toothpick or knife to check for doneness. No crumbs should stick to the toothpick once inserted. Bake for 5-15 minutes if needed.
- Let cake cool completely in the pan, for about 30 minutes. Top with yogurt and berries. Cake will keep for up to 5 days on the counter, covered.
Be sure to use an extra-virgin olive oil here, as you can really taste the difference. Olive oil should be stored in a dark place and come in a tinted bottle, as light exposure impacts the flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 368 calories
- Sugar: 29.9 grams
- Sodium: 254 milligrams
- Fat: 17.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 15 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 49.9 grams
- Fiber: 1.2 grams
- Protein: 4.3 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: vegan cake