Looking for an easy packed lunch or picnic side? This Pesto White Bean Salad is a perfect option! It’s ready in minutes and full of fresh, bright summer flavors.
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed (or 3 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought (see notes for homemade version)
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A few twists of pepper and a pinch of salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or basil to serve
- In a large bowl, combine beans, pesto, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, and salt. Stir to combine, coating everything with the pesto sauce.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over everything and top with chopped herbs just before serving. Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to five days.
To make your own pesto, add 1/2 cup walnuts to a food processor with a fat pinch of salt and one large garlic clove. Process to combine. Add 1/2 cup cashew parmesan, a squeeze of lemon juice, and pulse once more to blend. Top the processor with a heaping cup or two of fresh basil. While processor is running, stream in olive oil until you have a very saucy consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One sixth of recipe
- Calories: 171.7 calories
- Sugar: 2.6 grams
- Sodium: 123.6 milligrams
- Fat: 7.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 grams
- Fiber: 6.1 grams
- Protein: 7.2 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams