This Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe is a show-stopping addition to any Thanksgiving table, and it’s totally free of eggs and dairy! Ready in about an hour, it’s a festive holiday dessert the whole family will love. Top with coconut whipped cream!
- Begin by preparing your pie crust, using either store bought or a homemade recipe. Line your pie dish with the crust and place in the fridge to cool while you make your filling. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a large bowl, add pumpkin, maple syrup, aquafaba, coconut oil, cornstarch, flaxseed, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Using a hand blender, combine on medium-high speed, whipping to incorporate a lot of air. Beat for a few minutes, until nicely uniform and slightly increased in volume. Whipping the aquafaba into this mixture mimics the presence of egg whites.
- Carefully pour your filling into the prepared crust and bake for 50 minutes. Check at this point to see if the filling has stabilized. It should be fairly set. If not, bake for 5-10 minutes more. It’s important to watch the crust to ensure it does not burn. Remove from oven and let cool completely, for at least an hour.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and serve cool.
Make your own pumpkin pie spice for this recipe by combining 1.5 tsp cinnamon, 1.5 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp nutmeg, and a pinch of cloves
For many custard-based pies, “blind baking” the crust is important to prevent sogginess. I did not find that necessary here but feel free to try it if you normally do!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice of 8
- Calories: 226 calories
- Sugar: 14 grams
- Sodium: 242 grams
- Fat: 9.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 34.2 grams
- Fiber: 2.5 grams
- Protein: 2.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin, pie, dessert, thanksgiving