A Santa”Clausmopolitan” is the ultimate festive holiday drink! It’s a bright red holiday cocktail made with zesty cranberry juice, vodka, and notes of lime and orange. Rim the glass with crushed candy canes!
- Candy cane, for rim (optional, feel free to use sugar instead)
- One lime wedge, along with the juice and reserved zest of one half
- 1.5 oz citrus vodka or regular vodka (one shot)*
- 2 oz cranberry juice (.25 cups)
- 1 oz Cointreau (optional)
- Fresh cranberries for garnishing, optional
- Begin by carefully crushing a candy cane into small pieces. This can be done in a high speed blender or by carefully crushing by hand under a heavy glass. Spread powder onto a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of your cocktail glass to moisten it, then dip in the powder to coat. Set aside.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Pour vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, and optional Cointreau inside. Add lid and shake until your hands are cold, about 20 seconds.
- Strain cocktail into prepared glass. Zest reserved lime over top. Garnish with cranberries if using and serve immediately.
*While not traditional, I like using gin in place of vodka as it has a “piney” aroma that works well for the holidays. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
** Nutrition facts calculated without Cointreau.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 141 calories
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Sodium: 4.5 milligrams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11.9 grams
- Fiber: 0.1 grams
- Protein: 0.2 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: cocktail, cosmo, clausmopolitan, cranberry