Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice is bright, refreshing, and full of anti-inflammatory ingredients! Ready in just about 5 minutes, it’s a great morning treat that is very hydrating. It’s inspired by the version from Trader Joe’s and no juicer is required!
- 3 large organic carrots, sliced into short pieces
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 inch (2.54 cm) knob of fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) knob of fresh turmeric (or 1/4 tsp ground turmeric)
- 3 twists of freshly ground black pepper (one large pinch)
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 2 cups cold water
1. To a high-speed blender, add chopped carrot pieces, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, chili powder, maple syrup, and cold water. Blend on low speed, gradually increasing until everything is incorporated.
2. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove juice pulp. Alternatively, pour through a thin cloth or nut milk bag, squeezing to expel all juice. Set pulp aside (more details on that in the notes below).
3. Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge for 2-3 days.
To reduce food waste, I highly encourage you to save juice pulp leftover from this recipe. It can easily be incorporated into baked goods. For example, it can take the place of grated zucchini in this vegan zucchini bread recipe. It can also be easily folded into this vegan pancake recipe.
Nutrition information calculated prior to straining juice (I am not sure how to calculate this accurately once juice is strained, just know the fiber intake is of course less LOL).
As you may be able to see in these photos, I used pink lemons in this recipe just for fun. Regular lemons work perfectly well!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One third of recipe
- Calories: 52 calories
- Sugar: 7.8 grams
- Sodium: 50.8 milligrams
- Fat: 0.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12.8 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Protein: 0.8 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: turmeric, ginger, juice, carrot