This recipe for Frozen Yogurt Dog Treats is made with just greek yogurt, peanut butter, and water! Blend and freeze in cute molds for a delicious, no-bake, anytime dog treat that is healthy and delicious.
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter (made from just peanuts)
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened nonfat Greek yogurt (see note)
- 1/2 cup water (plus more as needed)
- Combine peanut butter, yogurt, and water in a blender. Puree until smooth. Add a bit more water as needed to achieve a pourable texture. It should look like thick peanut butter pudding.
- Carefully spoon mixture into each individual silicone mold. Scrape off excess as needed to create a flat side on the back of each impression. Freeze until solid, at least one hour.
- Remove from molds and store in a sealed contained in the fridge.
Never feed your dog any food with added sweeteners, as these can be toxic. Xylitol can be present in store bought peanut butters and yogurts. Always consult with a veterinarian before feeding your pet something they have never tried before.
At 20 calories each, these treats may be a bit much if you have a small dog. Feel free to under fill each mold cavity if you’d like to reduce the heft of each.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dog food
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One treat of 40
- Calories: 20.6 calories
- Sugar: 0.3 grams
- Sodium: 1.3 milligrams
- Fat: 1.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 grams
- Fiber: 0.3 grams
- Protein: 1.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 0.2 milligrams
Keywords: dog treat, puppy, dog food, peanut butter