Mix up a new brunch drink with this recipe for a Carrot Bloody Mary! Swapping tomato juice for carrot juice lends a subtle sweetness to this classic savory cocktail. Refreshing and festive! Recipe makes three cocktails.
- 2 cups of carrot juice, homemade or store bought*, chilled
- 4 oz. vodka
- 1 TBS hot sauce or salsa (depending on spice preference)
- Juice from 1/2 large lemon or lime
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning, or celery salt, plus more for rim
- Few twist of black pepper
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Flaky sea salt, to rim
- Celery stalks, parsley, and lime wedges to garnish
- To make the Bloody Mary Mixture: To a large pitcher, add carrot juice, vodka, hot sauce/salsa, lemon/lime juice, 1 tsp Old Bay, black pepper, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Feel free to taste to see if the spice and sweetness are balanced to your liking, adjusting as needed.
- To rim the glasses: Add a few TBS flaky sea salt to a small plate and swirl in 1 tsp Old Bay. Dip the top of each glass in a small cup of water to moisten the rim. Then, place the glass top down on the salt plate to coat the edges, running around the plate as needed to coat to your liking. Fill glasses 1/2 of the way up with ice.
- Pour carrot Bloody Mary mixture into each glass (you may have some left over, feel free to add that to the fridge for Round 2).
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley, a celery stick, and a lime wedge.
* If making your own carrot juice, blend 2 large carrots (chopped) in a high speed blender with 2 cups of water. Strain pulp out and reserve for later (ideas here).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirring
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 165 calories
- Sugar: 9.2 grams
- Sodium: 356.5 milligrams
- Fat: 0.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 grams
- Fiber: 1.4 grams
- Protein: 1.6 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: bloody mary, carrot, cocktail