This 5-Ingredient Coffee Shake with Tahini is a perfectly sweet and nutty! Made with dates and fresh coffee, this perky blend is frothy like a milkshake and totally vegan. Start your day on a delicious note with this healthy, dairy-free smoothie!
- 1 cup brewed coffee, or one double shot of espresso
- 1/3 cup high-quality tahini (should be very liquid)
- 4 large Medjool dates, or 1 small frozen banana (depending on how sweet you like things)*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS ground flax, optional
- 3 cups ice
- Pinch cinnamon for topping, optional
- Prepare coffee and let cool.
- Combine brewed coffee, tahini, dates, salt, optional flax and ice in a high-speed blender until fully combined. Top with cinnamon to serve and enjoy!
*Feel free to start out with 4 dates and taste to see if the sweetness is to your preference. Some Medjools are very juicy while some can be more dry, so I recommend customizing as needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Serving Size: One half of recipe
- Calories: 371.2 calories
- Sugar: 32.7 grams
- Sodium: 639.6 milligrams
- Fat: 21.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 18.4 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 44.9 grams
- Fiber: 6.9 grams
- Protein: 7.6 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: coffee, tahini, smoothie, shake