Refreshingly minty, York-Inspired Peppermint Patties take less than 30 minutes to make and are full just 5 healthy ingredients. No-bake, vegan, gluten-free, and so satisfying.
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 TBS maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 TBS + 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chunks
- Flaky salt for topping (optional)
- In your food processor, blend coconut for a few minutes until it's a little clumpy. Add in maple syrup, peppermint, and 2 TBS coconut oil. Continue blending until a sticky mixture forms.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of coconut and lay on a lined cookie sheet. Press them down slightly, so a disk shape forms. You should have 12-14 patties. Put this cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes, until candies are firm.
- In a small bowl, add remaining 2 tsp coconut oil to chocolate chunks. Melt in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring in between each increment. Do this until mixture is smooth and pourable. Set aside.
- Take your candies out of the freezer and, using a fork, dump them in the bowl of chocolate one at a time. Shake excess chocolate from each piece and place back on cookie sheet. Place back in the freezer to firm up once more, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- These can be stored in the freezer for a few weeks! Let come to room temperature a few minutes before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert