These vegan pumpkin pancakes are so fluffy and will be your new favorite fall breakfast! Full of cozy spices like cinnamon and topped with maple syrup, they’re ready in just 15 minutes and a healthy treat for the entire family.
- 1 TBS flax meal, ground from flax seeds (optional but recommended)
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or an equal mix of AP and whole wheat)
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (a mixture of 1/8 allspice, 1/2 cinnamon, 1/4 nutmeg, and 1/8 cloves)
- 1/2 TBS lemon juice (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 TBS oil of choice
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup to serve
- Add your ground flax to a small cup with 3 TBS water. Set aside to gel.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add lemon juice to milk and stir. This will create a “buttermilk” that helps the pancakes become extra fluffy! After a minute or so, add in coconut oil, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients to dry, taking care not to over-mix.
- Lightly oil a griddle, heat to medium-low, and scoop batter into 1/3 cup for each pancake. Cook for about 2 minutes, flip once puffy and bubbling, and cook 1-2 minutes more. Serve with toppings of choice.
This recipe will keep in the freezer for about a month, just be sure to freeze in a single layer (like on a cookie sheet) before sticking into a bag so that pancakes do not get stuck together.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 290 calories
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Sodium: 557 milligrams
- Fat: 8.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.8 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 46.1 grams
- Fiber: 7.6 grams
- Protein: 5.7 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: pumpkin, pancakes, breakfast