Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing works well for meal prep! Zippy sun-dried tomatoes add fresh flavor, while chickpeas amp up the protein content. Vegan and gluten-free!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 yellow, orange, or red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley or basil, minced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, roughly chopped
Mediterranean Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard,
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Asian Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup broccoli, diced into small pieces
- 2 cups kale, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro, optional
Asian Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 TBS lemon or lime juice
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp each garlic and ginger powder, optional
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Water to thin
Mediterranean Quinoa Instructions
- Prepare your quinoa if not already cooked (here is a great tutorial). Slice all salad ingredients as directed and add to a large bowl.
- In a Mason jar, add all dressing ingredients and shake to combine.
- Pour 1/2 of dressing onto salad, stirring to combine. Taste and add more dressing as desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Asian Quinoa Instructions
- Add all quinoa salad ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and combine until smooth. Add water until a pourable sauce is achieved (up to 1/4 cup water).
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Salad, Side Dish