These Apple Pie Overnight Oats are a perfect fit for a healthy and satisfying fall breakfast. Totally vegan and easily gluten-free, this recipe is full of cozy cinnamon, a touch of maple syrup, and crisp autumn apples.
- 1/4 cup plain (or vanilla) yogurt, nondairy as needed*
- 1/2 old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup, nondairy as needed milk
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds (or chia seeds)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- Toppings: Dried fruit, walnuts, pecans, almond milk, bananas
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt (see note), oats, almond milk, flax (or chia) seeds, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, and optional vanilla. Stir completely to blend.
- Portion mixture into one large or two small sealable jars. Top with apple slices and seal. Place in the fridge overnight (or for at least four hours). See tips for speeding up this process in the post above!
- Serve warm or cold with additional toppings as desired.
Feel free to substitute some of the applesauce for yogurt if you have some on hand!
Nutrition information calculated without additional toppings and with Kite Hill Unsweetened Almond Milk Yogurt (my favorite)
I divided this recipe into two servings for snacking. If I was eating it for breakfast, I would personally consume the entire recipe (thus making this a one serving guide).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chilling time: 4 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 half of recipe
- Calories: 173 calories
- Sugar: 6.3 grams
- Sodium: 122 milligrams
- Fat: 7.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 22.2 grams
- Fiber: 3.7 grams
- Protein: 6.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: oats, apples, fall, overnight