This Arugula Fennel Salad is a bright and zesty addition to any fall or winter table! Peppery arugula leaves are coated in a citrus dressing and then topped with chopped dates, orange wedges, sliced fennel, and tangy feta (vegan as needed).
For citrus dressing:
- 6 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS orange, grapefruit, or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 5 cups arugula
- 1/4 head of fennel, white bulb sliced thinly
- 1 navel orange, peeled and segmented (
- 4 Medjool or 6 Deglet nour dates, chopped
- 2 TBS feta cheese (vegan as needed, like Violife), optional
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small jar, shaking to combine. Set aside.
- Wash and dry all produce. To a large serving platter, add arugula and fennel slices. Drizzle dressing over top of leaves, stirring to combine. You may not need to use all of it, so add to your personal preference.
- Top salad with orange wedges and sprinkle dates across. Add feta if using. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve. This salad will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, but I recommend dressing right before serving to prevent wilting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Serving Size: One sixth of recipe
- Calories: 186 calories
- Sugar: 14.1
- Sodium: 10 milligrams
- Fat: 13.7 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.8 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Protein: 1.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: orange, fennel, arugula, salad