These Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls are ready in under 2 hours and full of cozy cinnamon sugar flavor! Made with just 8 ingredients, they’re a perfect recipe for brunch or an evening dessert.
- 7 TBS vegan butter
- 1 packet instant yeast*
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk plus 1 – 2 TBS (divided)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose or bread flour
- Neutral oil, for the inside of the rising bowl (or more butter)
- 6 TBS brown sugar, divided
- 2 TBS cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for optional glaze
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 3 TBS butter and almond milk in 30-second increments until melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Add melted butter mixture and optional vanilla to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast* on top. Add in 1 TBS of sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and stir.
- Next add flour gradually, stirring as you go until incorporated. Once cohesive but sticky, knead for 30 seconds inside the bowl so that a loose ball forms.
- Remove dough, rinse out your bowl and lightly oil the inside. Place dough in oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Let rise for one hour. I like doing this in an oven that is not on but has a lightbulb for slight heat. It should expand a lot.
- On a clean floured surface, roll out dough into a 8 x 12 rectangle. Melt 3 more TBS butter in the microwave and brush on top of dough. Sprinkle with 5 TBS brown sugar and 2 TBS cinnamon.
- Using the edge of your silicone mat or your hands, start rolling the long end of the dough (the part that’s closest to you) in a tight spiral. Completely this until you have a log shape, with seam side facing the counter. Indent slightly with a knife at the halfway point, and then two times on each half for a total of eight rolls.
- Slide a piece of unflavored dental floss underneath the roll of dough at the first indentation. Pull the floss up through the dough, crossing into an “X” to slice roll shapes through the log. Alternatively, slice with a sharp knife (though this will compress your spiral). Place in an oiled pie pan or 8×8 dish. It’s OK if the pan is not filled, the rolls will expand.
- Set roll dish on top of oven and cover once more for 15 minutes. Preheat to 350 degrees. The heat from the preheating oven will help with another rise. Once your oven preheats, bake rolls for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. While rolls are baking, feel free to make a cheaters glaze with 1 cup powdered sugar + 1-2 TBS almond milk almond milk. Glaze rolls soon after they come out of the oven and enjoy.
In you want to use active dry yeast, add 2 and 4/5 tsp. Keep in mind that active dry yeast needs to be “activated” in liquid, so you’ll want to let it sit in the milk mixture for 5-10 minutes before proceeding to Step 2.
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 310 calories
- Sugar: 21.6 grams
- Sodium: 155 milligrams
- Fat: 9.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 51.8 grams
- Fiber: 1.2 grams
- Protein: 4.2 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: cinnamon, sugar, roll, bread, breakfast, sweet bread, cinnamon bun,