This Cinnamon Crunch Croissant French Toast is what brunch dreams are made of! We’re coating store-bought pastries in sweet cinnamon-sugar topping and then baking them until crisp and golden. Serve them with yogurt, cream, berries, and syrup for a decadent and celebratory breakfast. Vegan options!
- 1 cup coconut milk, from a can
- 2 TBS ground flax seed (optional but useful in place of egg)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 TBS brown sugar + more for sprinkling
- 1 TBS bourbon, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large croissants, vegan if needed
- 1/2 cup yogurt or whipped cream (vegan as needed)
- Freshly sliced strawberries, mint, and maple syrup to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a reusable mat or parchment paper. In a shallow dish, combine coconut milk, ground flax, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, optional bourbon, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Let sit for a couple of minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, slice croissants horizontally, almost all the way though. One at a time, place a croissant in the shallow dish and coat with liquid, letting sit for 10 seconds or so. I use a spoon to help cover the liquid on all sides. Place on your prepared baking sheet and repeat with croissant #2. Sprinkle the tops with a bit more brown sugar if desired.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until dark brown and crispy. Some sugar may burn as it slides off onto the parchment, so keep an eye on this (it’s not a big deal though).
- Spoon yogurt or cream inside of the croissants (like a sandwich) and fill with sliced berries. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve with warmed maple syrup.
The nutrition information is calculated with vegan yogurt and strawberries but without maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Serving Size: One half of recipe
- Calories: 416.8 calories
- Sugar: 16.1 grams
- Sodium: 383.9 milligrams
- Fat: 23.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 13.8 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 46.5 grams
- Fiber: 4.9 grams
- Protein: 7.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 56.5 milligrams
Keywords: croissant, brunch, strawberry, breakfast, pastry, french toast