This 3-Ingredient Dog Cake Recipe is made with sweet potatoes, brown rice, and peanut butter! It’s flour-free and a great treat for your furry friend on their special day.
- 1 sweet potato, small
- 2 TBS raw unsalted peanut butter, divided
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice or oatmeal
- 1/4 cup cooked and unseasoned shredded chicken, optional
- 1 TBS unsweetened plain greek yogurt, optional
- To cook the sweet potato, wash it and poke a few holes with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 6-8 total minutes, stopping at the halfway point to flip. Alternativly, roast your sweet potato in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potato from the microwave once done and carefully cut open with a knife to let the steam escape (to cool it down). Use a fork or spoon to scrape the orange flesh from inside the potato. It should yield around one half cup.
- Mix one TBS peanut butter into the sweet potato mash. Next add in cooked brown rice. Add in cooked chicken if using. Stir to combine and place on a plate, patting into a cake shape. The mixture will be rather firm. Let cool completely in the fridge for about 15 minutes. It will firm up more there.
- Remove from fridge and “frost” with remaining 1 TBS peanut butter OR 1 TBS unsweetened plain greek yogurt.
*Nutrition facts are for one full recipe. I feed my 75 lb. dog 1/2 at a time as to not disrupt his eating pattern. You may want to adjust this if you have a smaller or larger pet.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dog food
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 full recipe
- Calories: 347 calories
- Sugar: 8.7 grams
- Sodium: 37 milligrams
- Fat: 17.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 13.8 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 41 grams
- Fiber: 5. grams
- Protein: 10.6 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: dog food, dog cake, treat, puppy, puffin, sweet potato, peanut butter, brown rice