This Fluffy Vegan Cornbread Recipe is my absolute favorite! Moist and full of cozy corn flavors, it’s a great pairing for soup or stuffing. It’s made with pantry staple ingredients and ready in under an hour! This recipe is easily halved***
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups medium yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar (use 1.25 cups if you prefer a sweeter bread)
- 1 TBS apple cider or white vinegar
- 2/3 cups canola oil
- 2.5 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1.5 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and oil a 9×13 baking dish.*
- To a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, canola oil, and almond milk. Pour wet mixture into dry and fold together until no dry spots remain. Carefully fold in corn kernels if using. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, checking for doneness around the 30 minute mark. To test this, stick a small knife inside the center of the bread. If it comes out clear with no crumbs, the bread is done. Let cool completely (it will continue to firm up as it cools).
If making a half recipe, use an 8×8 square dish or a cast iron skillet instead instead.
Have leftover cornbread? Make this Cranberry Cornbread Crisp.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Side
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 213 calories
- Sugar: 10.7 g
- Sodium: 43 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7. 5g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cornbread, corn, bread, side, stuffing, Thanksgiving