These Frozen Mojito Slushies are the perfect treat on a hot day! Easily made nonalcoholic, they’re packed with refreshing flavor from fresh mint and citrus juice. Blend up a batch and watch how fast it’s gone!
For simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Simple Syrup (above)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (can substitute lemon)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp lime zest, optional
- 1/3 cup light rum (2.6 oz), or store bought limeade or lemonade for nonalcoholic
- 6–7 cups cubed ice, for blending
- Lime round and mint sprig to garnish, optional
- Start by making simple syrup. Combine sugar and water in a small pot on the stovetop. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes, until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly. Alternatively (if you don’t want to turn on the stove), microwave the sugar and water in a microwave-safe container for 2-3 minutes, stirring to dissolve any remaining sugar crystals. Let cool.
- To a blender, add all of the simple syrup, lime juice, mint, lime zest if using, and rum (or limeade for nonalcoholic). Blend for 10 seconds to combine and chop up the mint leaves.
- Finally, add the first three cups of ice and begin combining. A high-speed blender will make this easier. Add the rest of the ice and blend fully until you have a thick slushie texture. Depending on how hot it is where you’re serving these, the ice will melt pretty quickly. You may need to use up to 8-9 cups of ice.
- To serve, use a spoon to portion out into four short glasses. Garnish as desired with a lime round on the edge and a sprig of mint stuck into the glass.
These will melt quickly if it’s warm out, so be sure to prepare just before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One fourth of recipe
- Calories: 149.4 calories
- Sugar: 25.6 grams
- Sodium: 41.5 milligrams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28 grams
- Fiber: 0.5 grams
- Protein: 0.3 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: mojito, mint, drink, summer, rum, cocktail